Gamesounds NES Remote Headphones Set

Author Topic: Gamesounds NES Remote Headphones Set  (Read 2603 times)

bogie

• Newcomer
Gamesounds NES Remote Headphones Set
« on: August 15, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »

Why does the price keep going up on the Gamesounds NES Remote Headphones Set? I saw it last year at $80.00 so as a collector I thought I'd pick up a set. But when I went back in January to get it off ebay, it was $120 dollars for a new set. Now I can't find it on any ebay site anywhere around the world. Not even used ones. And the sets here at NRS are close to $200.00. What gives? They aren't that rare are they?

Scorpius

• Newcomer
Re: Gamesounds NES Remote Headphones Set
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »

Why does the price keep going up on the Gamesounds NES Remote Headphones Set?  Now I can't find it on any ebay site anywhere around the world. Not even used ones.

You just answered your own question  ;D

WebDog

• Nothing but the Dog in me
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »
Yeah really! If I had a sealed game you could barely find anywhere, I'd be selling it at $500.00 and up, not $200. It's a matter of supply and demand. Anything that is rare, costs.

I'm bummed because I had one a few years ago and sold it for like $40.00.

cale114

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 04:50:43 AM »
Yup, even the cheesy and poorly made items that are sealed and rare are worth a lot of money now. As time goes on, nearly everything NES becomes rare. We've all had them and sold them for $15.00. If we only knew then what we know now.

That's why I always keep any sealed game or accessory that I can get my hands on. I know it's probably going to go up in value sometime in the future. If you are young enough, buy any sealed game bargain you see. Not to play with or open, but as an investment. You cannot lose money and that's better than stocks.

NesMan

• Global Moderator
  • NeS GaMeR
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:30:12 PM »
Yeah really! If I had a sealed game you could barely find anywhere, I'd be selling it at $500.00 and up, not $200. It's a matter of supply and demand. Anything that is rare, costs.

Bingo! The fewer there are of anything left in the world, the more people will pay for it.

Neo

• New Surreal
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 01:13:39 AM »
Just for the heck of it, I did a search on multiple levels to try and find one for sale and only one used one came up. Not one single new one anywhere but here. The one used was on ebay, but it had sold a while ago for $116.23. This world is fickle!  I had a set of these a while ago. The sound was pretty good but they didn't seem very well made, so maybe that's part of the reason they are so rare today. Kids probably broke them easily and most were thrown away.

Russel12

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 10:33:23 AM »
Anyone have pictures of this thing? I saw the box as they are sold on nesrepairshop.com but there's no good pictures of the actual headphones or receiver. Can someone post a picture?

bogie

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
Anyone have pictures of this thing?  Can someone post a picture?

That would be good since I have never even heard of the damn thing. I searched it and only came up with CDs with the sounds and music of video games on it.