SNES Horizontal Line, Rolling Bar, Rainbow Effect

Author Topic: SNES Horizontal Line, Rolling Bar, Rainbow Effect  (Read 10355 times)

twita

• Newcomer
SNES Horizontal Line, Rolling Bar, Rainbow Effect
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »

when i play any game on my snes the image on the screen has this rainbow effect rolling down the screen. is very annoying. how can i fix this?

Nerfherder17

• New Englander
Re: SNES Horizontal Line, Rolling Bar, Rainbow Effect
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »

Well the 62 pinconnecter for the console may be bad or there is an connection problems somewhere with the connections to the console. Check your AV cables.

Iam2 Dead

• Thank U Very Mush
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 04:25:26 PM »

It could be the same problem as when a SNES starts playing in black and white. Maybe it's losing the video signal. If you try a new AV (Audio/Video) cable that might fix it. That would be the first thing I would check.

twita

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »
 i'm still getting the rainbow effect on my SNES, and its most noticable on dark scenes. like the water is blue and it sslowly rolls to a pinkish color and back to blue? i cleaned the pins. it's not the AV. it is not a problem with my game, because it happens on every game.

Casey

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:14:27 PM »

Send it in for repairs dude, that doesn't sound like something you can fix.

Geek Gunner

• Techie Means Ninja Knowledgeable
    • The Geek Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »
If the rainbow colors are flickering rolling between colors and black and white effect, it could be your regulator switch, a bad connection or a bad IC. If the colors are rolling like a wave between the top of your screen and bottom it may be your AC adapter.

Geeks Do It With a Hard Drive!

twita

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »
is there anything i can personally fix or replace myself on my system to remove this?

if it is a certain chip that has gone bad, I might as well scrap it!

WebDog

• Nothing but the Dog in me
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
It very well could be your AC adapter. If you have one of those cheap NES/SNES versions, they are notorious for causing rolling bars and rainbows going up and down the screen. I would check that first. Second check the AV to make sure the problem is not there. Only use genuine Nintendo AC adapters as these cheap 3rd party models cause this rainbow effect, a humming in the console and also the scrolling dark bars.

Scottie25

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 08:12:51 AM »
Well it happened once with mine. Try cleaning the Super Nintendo 62 pin connector because this helped in my situation and it's never done that again. Or try a new RF switch or AV cords if your using that to see if it makes a difference.

Soul Reaver

• Pump It Up
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »
is there anything i can personally fix or replace myself on my system to remove this?

if it is a certain chip that has gone bad, I might as well scrap it!

Dude,
   If it's a chip, don't trash your SNES. Either send it into the shop, or buy a new circuit board. Problem solved.

Mike016

• Newcomer
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »
my snes has lines also and I think that its either the ac adapter thats causing it or I should switch from RF to AV. Because it might be interference on the RF.

twita

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 05:20:43 AM »
I never did get my system working right. In fact, rather than rainbow it's more a rolling green line that horizontally move down my screen when i play my snes. i put it in my closet but have recently taken it out again to play and the same result. Any additional info anyone has is helpful.

bogie

• Newcomer
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »

Have you tried replacing your capacitors? I have read on fix-it site that this might be the cause of it.

Ryan

• Nintendo Forever
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 07:51:44 PM »
I don't know much about it but I can guess that it might be a product of dirty power. I would suggest hooking up your SNES to a good clean power bar / surge protector that smooths out power before it enters your system. If your SNES is plugged directly into the wall, it may not be getting clean current.