Recent Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Geek, not that I'm going to pay $250.00 to $300.00, but is the picture quality really that much better, as to be worth it?
Another reason is that it's difficult for the Chinese to make cheap knockoffs because Nintendo placed a circuit module right inside the cable itself that works to split the signal into proper component video output. It's not easy to re-manufacture this, at least not when there is not now a huge demand for the cable. i.e., cost versus potential profit.

Wow! That's weird. Why would they put a module in the cable?
 I actually paid around forty dollars (I forget the precise number) in 2011 and I'm told now they are worth three hundred dollars. Not a bad investment I'd say.  Especially when I didn't buy it as a investment or as a collector.  I bought it because it gives good picture quality with my HD TV. Looking back, I thought that it was overpriced back then, and now it costs nearly 8 times what I paid for it.
But that's just it, a lot of them weren't manufactured, and most of those that were hit the trash bin along with their broken Gamecubes. The reason there weren't a lot of them made is because the big wigs at Nintendo conducted a study and what they determined was that less then half a percent of the Gamecube users were actually using the cables, and so not only did they stop manufacturing them early on, they actually removed the digital port from Gamecubes all together. So you couldn't even use them if you wanted to. They became irrelevant. That's why they are rare and sellers can get an exorbitant amount of money for them. Collectors gobbled up the cables that survived making them even rarer, and the rest is supply-and-demand history.
The thing that most contributes to this phenomenon is that whatever is extremely rare, becomes expensive.

Yeah, but why are they rare? If a lot of them were manufactured, where are they?
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: NES AV Issues
« Last post by DoughBoy on June 20, 2017, 05:14:38 AM »
More likely to be a motherboard problem. Get an old connector, clean it up good, if "any" of the games work with it, it's the BLW, if none of them work, it's the motherboard.

I was just looking for a component Gamecube cable and I was shocked to see that they are a minimum $200.00 and some as much as 320.00. What the heck is going on? Are people insane or did I miss something? Why in the world are the Gamecube component cables so expensive? I mean, it's just a cable!

Insane? Well, maybe ;)

The thing that most contributes to this phenomenon is that whatever is extremely rare, becomes expensive. It's a matter of supply and demand. To begin with they were only manufacture and available for a short period of time from Nintendo and their few official resellers.

Another reason is that it's difficult for the Chinese to make cheap knockoffs because Nintendo placed a circuit module right inside the cable itself that works to split the signal into proper component video output. It's not easy to re-manufacture this, at least not when there is not now a huge demand for the cable. i.e., cost versus potential profit.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: SNES Power Port Problem
« Last post by Jade on June 17, 2017, 06:11:09 PM »

Or it could be something more serious, like a fried voltage regulator.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: NES AV Issues
« Last post by thebolang11 on June 16, 2017, 09:05:51 PM »
If the new "Blinking Light Win"  is seated properly, it shoud work. My guess is that you've got a defective BLW piece, and I would send it back for a replacement immediately. I bought one here and these are known to work really well, so if you've got one that doesn't work, chances are you have received a bad one. That happens from time to time.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / NES AV Issues
« Last post by SuperCoryD on June 15, 2017, 08:25:09 PM »
Hello-
I am having an issue with the NES that I can't find any content on. My wife purchased it in "good working order" from an individual. When I get home I plug it up and naturally have the blinking red light. Cleaned 72 pin , removed each pin and slightly bent- still a blinking red light.
Read umpteen reviews on a new 72 pin and got the impression they weren't a great long term fix. I read reviews on the "blinking light win" and didn't see a bad review. So I ordered.
Installed blinking light win and plugged back in. Now it seems I get a solid black screen with rolling snow lines with the rf switch. Same on either channel (3,4).
Av outputs have "no signal" on my TV's.This wasn't the case one week ago.
The black screen with scrolling snow lines occurs regardless if there's a cartridge in or not.

Blinking light win- 
Solid red light.
No av signal.
Black screen with wide horizontal scrolling snow lines using rf switch.

Original 72 pin reinstalled-
Blinking red light (but no flashing screen like before)
No av signal.
Black screen with wide horizontal scrolling snow lines using rf switch.

Maybe this is a common problem?
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks! 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10