Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: My N64 Has Sound, But No Picture
« Last post by Jade on March 02, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »
Bad capacitors doesn't sound like a problem that would cause sound but no picture. I'd say it's more likely a chip problem, maybe the PUP.
« Last post by Neo on January 20, 2016, 02:04:58 PM »
I have spent many years collecting old NES and SNES consoles and repairing them and I find that almost all of the SNES problems are linked to dried up and bad capacitors. Capacitors have a gook inside them and after about 25 years they start to leak or dry up. You can buy SNES capacitor kits if you have some soldering skills, because the SNES is getting old and you'll see more and more of these problems. Even if your SNES is working, it's good to replace the capacitors because sooner or later they will give out. It's just a matter of time.
« Last post by Bobby on January 18, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »
Wow, I got a response. But I don't think it's the PPU. Nothing comes on the screen at all, and pressing reset doesn't change the picture in the slightest. Any other suggestions on what it might be?
« Last post by ShotGunShine on January 17, 2016, 03:30:46 AM »
Sound but no picture might be a bad PPU chip. If that's the case, you'd be better off just getting a new motherboard.  If you've checked all the other things, it must be a bad chip.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / My N64 Has Sound, But No Picture
« Last post by Bobby on January 16, 2016, 05:26:34 PM »
I've got a problem with my N64. I turned it on today and all I could get was sound, but no picture. Before anyone gives me solutions that I have already tried, here's what I have already tried.

1. Checked AV port and Cable
   2. Checked 48 pin connector
   3. Checked games to make sure contacts are clean
   4. Checked TV connections

Anyone have any ideas?
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: Strange Problem With My Nintendo 64
« Last post by Bobby on December 09, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »
Yeah, if you want to play Donkey Kong, which is a great game, you have to have it. Otherwise the game will just sit there like a old bottle of Blue Nun ;)
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Retro Game Custom Cases
« Last post by Bobby on December 09, 2015, 12:36:46 PM »

Need some help figuring this one out. For the life of me, I just do not understand why so many retro gamers pay upwards of $7.00 to $10.00 for these custom game cases? It seems ridiculous to me.  There are a lot of people selling these cases on Amazon, Craig's List, ebay, Newegg and others and a lot of people buying them. Why? Nintendo game cartridges really don't need protecting in a case. They're almost indestructible. If you buy these or have some reason why anyone would waste their money on them, tell me.
« Last post by Jade on August 06, 2015, 05:26:57 PM »
It also makes the graphics a lot better in a lot of other games.
« Last post by Tech#2 on July 26, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
Hi Rita,
  Sorry no one answered your question, the forum hasn't been too active lately so I haven't stopped by regularly.

You have everything installed for most regular games, but in order to play a few select games like Donkey Kong 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, you need the expansion pack that extends the memory from 4MB to 8MB.  It has a red top, and fits in the slot in front of the cartridge.

You won't be able to play your game until you install the pack. You can buy the pac, remover piuck and installation instructions by clicking this link:

http://www.nesrepairshop.com/Catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_80&products_id=878

Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Strange Problem With My Nintendo 64
« Last post by Rita on June 15, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »
Ok, so I bought the game Donkey Kong for my little brother to play on my N64. But when I got it, it wouldn't work. I sent it back and ordered another copy from another seller. Low and behold, this one won't work either. I know my system is working fine because I have 20 other games that play just fine in it. Before I send this one back, just thought I'd ask around and see if anyone else has had this problem. It seems strange to happen the same way on two games from two sellers.

I should mention a screen comes up that says expansion pak not installed. But I have everything plugged in so I don't know what this would refer to. But strange, all my other games play fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10