Recent Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: N64 Australian power supply unit
« Last post by Tech#2 on August 20, 2017, 08:25:19 AM »
I would simply recommend replacing it, but if you're set against that, then taking it out and redoing it is the next order of business, which is a chore. No voltage at all indicates a broken connection, most likely a wire. It could be within the coil but it also might be the output wire coming from the coil is severed/broken. Have you checked that all the way up, as these do sometimes break. If you find that is the case, then splicing and careful soldering would be in order along with some shrinkwrap.
« Last post by lenoz on August 20, 2017, 06:43:49 AM »
Yes, that is correct - not registering any output voltage at pinout end....was hoping to be able to repair these as don't like the 3rd party ones available.
It works fine, but for some reason, the game John Elway's Quarterback won't work with it on mine.
« Last post by Cableguy on August 19, 2017, 08:03:04 AM »
If the voltage checks out going into the power supply, but not at the output, obviously the power supply is bad. Short of taking it out and rewiring it, just replace the power supply. It doesn't matter if two systems are doing it, if it's not out-putting but the inputs are ok, then the power supply is faulty. I'm "assuming" you've checked and there is no output voltage or the output voltage is incorrect?
NES Repair Shop Support / Re: Why Don't You Fix SNES Consoles Anymore
« Last post by gansta on August 19, 2017, 06:24:22 AM »
That sucks man. I understand your position, and I don't blame you. I'd probably do the same thing., but it still sucks. I wanted to keep my original intact, but I guess I will have to go the motherboard option.
NES Repair Shop Support / Re: Why Don't You Fix SNES Consoles Anymore
« Last post by Jim Stone on August 18, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »
May I ask why you stopped fixing the SNES consoles and if you will start doing it again? I see you still repair the other Nintendo Systems.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Currently we are not repairing the SNES consoles because the costs to do so far outweighs any benefits. To put it frankly, we would lose money repairing the SNES because it's usually a chip and/or a capacitors problem and to pay our tech to replace them would cost you more than the SNES console is worth--or that any reasonable person would be willing to pay considering you can buy a used one for about 55 to 90 dollars. Even cheaper if you win big in an auction setting.

As for if we intend to start repairing them again, not in the foreseeable future, unless something changes in the market. Sorry. We do still sell motherboards, which is the next best thing. Swap the motherboard and your system is usually back up and working again. Sorry about your problem, but it can't be helped.
« Last post by Scorpius on August 17, 2017, 07:54:51 PM »
Doing what exactly. Is the PS voltage going in correct and is there any voltage at all going out of the PS?
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / N64 Australian power supply unit
« Last post by lenoz on August 17, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »
Hi all, just wondering if I can get some pointers here as to fixing my power supply units please, have tried changing the circled fuses already, 240v checks out at entry connection point on unit - just don't know what else to look for as have 2 of these doing same thing., TIA ;)
NES Repair Shop Support / Why Don't You Fix SNES Consoles Anymore
« Last post by gansta on August 17, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »

To my delight I had my SNES console fixed here a few years ago and it was done beautifully.  I bought another (in box) on ebay this weeek very cheaply that does not work, but is outstanding aesthetically. I thought I'd have it fixed here as before, but low and behold I receive a message saying you don't repair the SNES consoles anymore. Since this was the only place that did that kind of work, I am left without a way to address this problem. May I ask why you stopped fixing the SNES consoles and if you will start doing it again? I see you still repair the other Nintendo Systems.
I've had mine since they first came out. Got in on the ground floor so to speak. As long as your NES game contacts are clean, it works fine. Yes, it's worth the money because you never have to replace it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10