Recent Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

They say that components were starting to become in high-demand around the time the Gamecube  interest was starting to wane so not many were produced. Now they are super rare and collectors of Gamecube and Gamecube accessories are hording them. Beside, most top (and picky) Gamers want to get the best picture quality and these cables are what will give them that. Thus all that has been continually driving up the cost of the component cables.
Blinking Light win 5 times better than a 72 pin connector. It's built like the SNES connector, so obviously it's a much, much better connection. Just imagine SNES game pin connection versus NES pin connection and you'll know why.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: How Do You Clean Your 72 Pin Connector?
« Last post by Spooky55 on November 05, 2017, 02:57:33 PM »
Yup, good info. The old original NES pins are definitely a lot better if the console has not been left outside or in a garage where there's a lot of moisture in the air from rain. You can boil them to get the gunk off, and then after cooling and drying, pull the pins back up carefully (I emphasize CAREFULLY) into their original position. Good as new.
Just got one delivered yesterday, it works well. It ends blinking if not anything else. I give it 9 out of 10.
Basically yes.  You have the same thing with any electronic part or item that doesn't sell well when introduced so few are made. Later, everyone wants one and they are hard to find. Remember when Nintendo redesigned the NES as a top loader? They only sold those for a short period of time, so they became relatively rare. Even more recently they released the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii, but since it was a compilation of already-released games they didn't make a ton of them. Guess what? Now you have to pay a foot and a leg to get a copy. My point is that anything made in limited quantities has the potential to have a high price tag at some point. Moral of the story, buy the items where few are made and keep then New in box for a few years as an investment.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: Nintendo NES Voltage Regulator Problem
« Last post by Iam2 Dead on October 15, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »

In the NES system the regulator voltages should be 9v input and 5v outout.  Use a genuine NES ac adapter to test as the cheap chinese adapters fluctuate and are usually DC.  Yes DC is OK, but for testing you should use Nintendo specified parts. The center post on the regulator is the ground.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Nintendo NES Voltage Regulator Problem
« Last post by Frank on October 13, 2017, 11:13:16 AM »
I am having a problem with my NES that I think may be caused by a bad voltage regulator, but I don't know what the voltage output should be in order to test it. Anyone?
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: Why Are Gamecube Component Cables So Expensive?
« Last post by Jack on October 04, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »
OK i gather this from what I've read since my question. I'm pretty sure it's a Nintendo proprietary chip so no one else could make it at the time. Plus it is most likely rare because it was only sold in limited quantities by Nintendo shop online and few wanted it. They didn't make that many. Am I right?
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Re: Game faulty
« Last post by Iam2 Dead on September 24, 2017, 10:38:08 AM »
Any number of things. It could be a broken circuit board trace line, a bad resister, a bad solder point, a bad capacitor, a bad chip.

If you've cleaned the contacts and see no visible problems by looking at the board, you would need a professional to test and repair it.
Accessories, Hardware and Technical / Game faulty
« Last post by lenoz on September 23, 2017, 05:49:23 AM »
Hi all, just wondering what could be causing my Super Mario All Stars game to be not working, have tried all the obvious things like cleaning contacts, trying in different consoles etc - just wondering is there a capictor or resistor that stops them from working when faulty (console reads game but on get black screen)

TIA - Laurie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10